Monday, July 11, 2011

Trend to Try: Maxi Skirts


maxi skirts
Maxi skirts are big this season! I'm gonna be honest, I haven't always loved maxi skirts. I used to think they looked a little unkempt and frumpy, but now, I’m embracing them! I’ve realized that it’s all about how you wear them and what you pair them with. Also, I think these flowy floor length skirts are the perfect alternative to wearing pants. They are easy to wear, super comfy and are ideal for everything from bopping around town to casual summer night outings. I’ve also been loving maxi dresses too… Surprisingly, the maxi is very slimming and can actually make you look taller, especially when paired with a pair of wedges. I usually wear maxi skirts with flat beaded sandals and prefer the hem to hit right at or slightly below my ankle. Maxi skirts looks especially cute with crop tops, tanks, cropped jackets, and long sweaters. They’re very versatile and look good in a variety of materials and colors including, solids, prints, or tie-dye. I recently bought this Jen's Pirate Booty Skirt and really love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment