Friday, July 15, 2011

Drugstore Beauty: The Perfect Primer + Video!



primer
When you’re doing beauty on a budget, the best place to turn is the overflowing aisles of your local drugstore. Sometimes drugstore beauty products can be hit or miss, so you can imagine how excited I was when I discovered a product that I can honestly say: I cannot live without it! What is this new must have product? It’s L’Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base.

This magical product is basically a primer that you put on under your foundation to even out your skin tone and add an extra layer of coverage. It’s also supposed to minimize pores and make your skin look airbrushed, even if you’re not wearing makeup over it. The product has a really, really light icy pink tone to it that helps perk your skin up and gives you what looks like a glow from inside. I really liked this product as it definitely met the mark on all of its claims. My favorite part about it is that it makes my skin look like it has a perfect natural glow, which I think is because of its pink tinge. And Elle Fowler agreed and she made this video about how she loved it! <3
 

You can apply it over your entire face like a primer it will make your foundation last longer. But, if you use it all over, it will probably run out quickly. The product comes in a pretty small jar, priced at $12, which is a bit on the expensive side for drugstore makeup, so I use it more sparingly. I just put it on the problem areas of my face, like on the apples of my cheeks where I have some acne scarring and a little bit on my chin where my foundation tends to splotch a bit. Another reason I am a big fan of this stuff is because you can actually use it underneath your eyes as well. This is really cool because you have to keep most primers away from the eye area, but this one is really moisturizing and helps fill in all the fine lines under your eyes. In fact, it’s actually advertised as being able to be an under eye primer as well for your concealer.

This base has the same feeling as the Smashbox Photo Finish primer, so it gives you a perfectly smooth canvas for underneath your foundation. This also allows for better foundation application. But the Smashbox primer doesn’t have that pink color to it, which gives the L’Oreal base that amazing glowability (Is that even a word? I think it should be… haha). Needless to say, I think that pink undertone in the L’Oreal version is what gives it it’s edge. The L’Oreal give your skins a glow from within, which shines through your foundation (even though it’s under your foundation).

Overall, I really, really like L’Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base. It’s a great product, at a fairly reasonable price, and it’s great for everyday use. I would recommend it to anyone with especially dry skin, like me, or anyone who wants to add a bit more depth and glow to their daily foundation regime.

No comments:

Post a Comment