Friday, July 8, 2011

Beauty Bit: My MAC Magically Cool Powder Review


beauty bit
When I was little I loved the Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder, which was one of the first makeup items my Mom ever bought me. I thought it was so cool because it seriously felt like I was spritzing my face with water when I used it. It was a powder infused with water so it was very refreshing during the hot summer months. Sadly, Prescriptives is no longer around so when I heard that MAC came out with their version of this cooling powder, I was pretty excited to try it. MAC’s Magically Cool Liquid Powder arrived just in time for summer. This powder is literally infused with 70% water (kinda like the Perscriptives version), so when you apply it to your face it “magically” feels as if you’re lightly misting your skin with water, when in fact it’s really a very lightweight, shine controlling face powder.

I got the powder in the color Truth and Light—which is a really light, shimmery neutral. After using the powder, your skin will be left with a super dewy finish even though the powder isn’t completely translucent. The color I have is definitely a shade reserved for those with fair skin, but luckily they have a version of the powder for darker, deeper skin tones as well. I’m not usually a huge fan of MAC face products because they tend to break me out like crazy, but this one I’m making an exception for since it’s more of a setting powder and it doesn’t go directly on my skin. Plus, I love the way it feels so much!

I really recommend this product if you’re looking for a weightless face powder to combat this season’s heat and humidity. I can almost guarantee you will be impressed with this new magically cool cooling powder! It’s just so cool… literally!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment