Monday, June 27, 2011

Healthy Habits: Easy At-Home Exercises

Staying in shape and feeling healthy is a two-part deal: half exercise and half diet. But it’s not always that easy to get your buns to the gym. Today, I am going to share a few of my favorite at-home exercises. I try to do these every day I don’t go to the gym or when I have the extra time.  


Most of these moves can be done in the comfort of your own home. Excerpt maybe the lunges, which is the one exercise I absolutely swear by (especially for bikini season)! Since our apartment doesn't have a long hallway, I have no problem looking like a freak lunging up and down my apartment complexes’ hallway! LOL. It’s quite a sight to be seen.

Anyway, all of the moves below are super easy and will help keep your body toned and feeling good if you work them into your daily (or every other day) routine!

Here are my 5 favorite at-home exercises…
  1. Yoga Crunches
    a.    What You Need: yoga ball
    b.    Target Area: abs
    c.    Click her for image
  2. The Plank
    a.    What You Need: yoga mat or towel
    b.    Target Area: core muscles (abs, hips back)
    c.    Click here for image
  3. Lunges
    a.    Challenge: Do you lunges while holding 5 pound weights in each hand.
    b.    Target Area: buns, hips, thighs
    c.    Click here for image
  4. Leg Lifts
    a.    Challenge: Strap on 3-5 pound ankle weights.
    b.    Target Area: hips, lower abs
    c.    Click here for image
  5. Arm Curls
    a.    What You Need: 3-5 pound weights
    b.    Target Area: arms
    c.    Click here for image

No comments:

Post a Comment